Life As a Pilates Instructor: Stephanie Glickman of Armature Pilates in Brunswick East, AustraliaFeb 14, 2021
Here's another in a series of interviews I did with Pilates instructors and studio owners.
These honest conversations are a way to gain insight into what life is like as a Pilates teacher. If you're considering becoming a Pilates teacher, these conversations don't hold back. They prepare you for what you have to know.
These are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- Pilates and strength training go well together. Why combining different fitness modalities can be a great way to retain more clients
- As a Pilates instructor, you can decide if you prefer to be a one (wo)man show or to grow your business beyond yourself. If you decide to scale the studio, having a support system is important.
- It takes time to build a sustainable schedule that suits your specific needs.
- Reliability and truly caring about your clients are vital traits of good teachers.
- Despite what you might think, having other Pilates studios near-by is actually a good thing for your business. Each studio will have its own vibe that will attract the kind of students who like that atmosphere.
- Teaching Pilates is a lot of fun, but make sure you think of way how to preserve your energy so you don’t burn out.
Watch or listen here:
To get in touch with Stephanie, visit their studio website at https://www.armaturepilates.com/
I'd love to hear from you: What's your favorite and least favorite part of being a Pilates instructor? Shoot me an email.
Listen to more "Life As A Pilates Instructor" conversations: