Many Pilates teachers and studio owners are finding themselves in a totally new arena right now. Instead of being with our students in the studio, we're trying to navigate a new world of teaching Pilates while social distancing. Naturally, a ton of questions are popping up.
I recently video chatted with Theres, a studio owner in Graz, Austria (my hometown ♡). She has been teaching some students online and has learned a lot through trial and error and good communication with her students and colleagues.
We talked about:
- How your students prefer to have guidance from you, their teacher that they know and trust.
- The unexpected upsides of teaching online.
- Pricing options and packages.
- Most effective camera setup and equipment.
- Taking care of yourself during this confusing time.
- and more!
Remember that it's okay (and probably better) to start small. I hope this video helps you come up with ideas for how you would like to move forward. Let us know in the comments what's working for you and what isn't. Is there anything the Pilates Encyclopedia community can help you with? If so, we've got your back!