External Hip Rotation Exercises
Feb 24, 2018
This list includes exercises that improve external rotation of the hip joint either by lengthening the internal rotators or by strengthening the external rotators.
- Hip Opener
- Side Lying Leg Springs: Passé
- Thighs in Straps (springs assist external rotation and flexion)
- Sleeper: Hip Opener variation
- Feet in Straps: Frogs, Frog Kicks
- Footwork: Wide V, Narrow V on balls of feet or heels
- Lying Flat: Frogs
- Seated Leg Pump Side Sit
- Standing Leg Pump From Side V-Position
- Side Lunges and Sideways Step Down
- Piano Lesson
- Footwork: Double Leg Pumps V-Position (Pilates V) or Wide V
- Bent Knee Opening
- Prone Leg Lifts in external rotation
To see 10+ more exercises that improve your hip external rotation, sign up today for your 7-day free trial of the Pilates Encyclopedia.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.